Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Year That Is

I've had a very busy couple of weeks and lots has happened but the biggest thing is that I turned 18 last week!! I ended up having a prolonged week-long celebration starting with going away with two best friends. It was lovely although rainy and we just relaxed, watched christmas movies, swam a little...
The delightful Char

The following weekend was my actual birthday and I went out to breakfast with most of my family which was also lovely. And in between were lots of christmas breakups, end-of-year celebrations and the MUSE concert:)
My 'excited' brother at my birthday breakfast:)

I thought I'd have a look over the year that was and share some of the highlights-
  1. I finished school last year so this year has been study-free!

  2. I was asked out by a boy for the first time (may not be a big deal for some of you but it was for me:)

  3. I made some new friends and found friendship unexpectedly

  4. I got to travel (just to cairns but still...)

  5. I decided what I want to do for a career: nursing. And I'm now waiting to hear if I got into uni!

  6. I got two new nephews, one new niece and one brother-in-law this year:)

  7. I hit an all-time low in my relationship with God and also an all-time high

  8. I discovered so much about myself, why I do things, what makes me tick, etc. and still learning:)

  9. And now it's Christmas, my favourite time of year filled with sun, family, friends, presents, the awesome Christmas food...:)

My amazing birthday cake!! I do lots of baking and cake making hence the design:)

I'd love to hear some of the highlights from your year too! If I don't get a chance to write before Christmas, I hope you all have a fabulous time with family and I hope you remember the reason for it all!




Mercy xo

3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Your cake is just perfection.
    I LOVE Muse! Must have been an amazing concert!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on hitting the 18 year mark! I hit 21 back in April. It's been a crazy year! Ups of it? I got a job making 10 grand a semester! (Resident Assistant in the dorms) You don't actually see that money, but you save it by not paying for room and food! I had a fabulous man in my life for 6 months (and the low was we broke up). I grew closer to God, got braces off. overall, a great year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday! :) :) It sounds like you had a lovely one! 18 is definitely one to remember, congrats! i love your list of things too! It sounds like you had a lovely, wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile:) Thankyou!