Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Flurry of Thoughts

So it's been four months since I've been 'back' and I once again have neglected my blog. So much has happened in the past year I scarcely know where to begin. I have begun studying nursing at university which I'm loving although it can be a little overwhelming.

We don't really have proper autumn in Brisbane so it was exciting to see bunches of fallen
leaves like the movies!



I went to Melbourne for a week a few months ago which was wonderful. I traveled with a friend and we had a lovely relaxing time going shopping, seeing movies, and having amazing dinners at some beautiful restaurants. Melbourne is such a beautiful city with amazing architecture and such a vibrant, exciting feel about it. My camera ran out of battery on our first day but here are a few photos that I managed to snap.


Sitting down to give our feet a break from walking around which we did a lot of.
My first ever coffee...well a short mocha with half-strength coffee and cream which doesn't really count but still...:)



Many of my friends have/are traveled overseas lately and seeing all their photos and hearing stories is making me so restless to travel again. I'm feeling in need of a holiday and Europe is high on my list. Although I'll go anywhere... I'm planning on going to Fiji in about a year with the same friend who I went to Melbourne with. I would also love to go on a cruise to the Caribbean. Does anyone else ever feel the same itchiness to see new places and visit all the places you've read or dreamed about?

Our room which was so small that two single beds wouldn't have fit side by side. A less glamorous side of travelling:)



My family will also be expanding by a few in several months. My oldest sister, Jordan, is pregnant with her second child and is due in January and another sister, Salem, is pregnant with twins! It is the first pregnany and children for her and her husband and the second set of twins in our familyof which is so exciting!

On a side note, I recently saw the latest movie version Jane Eyre which was amazing! I loved it so much and it was extremely close to the book, one of the few book-to-movie films that transitions well. I would definitely recommend it!




Well until I've finished my classes for the year the posts may be a little sparse but I'll try to post at least once a week!



Have a lovely day,



Mercy

2 comments:

  1. Mercy! I don't know if you remember me.. it's been a while. I worked in the cafe at Koorong. The most random thing just happened! I was looking through old posts on Ashely's blog 'She smiles She writes' and came across a comment from you! WHOA! small world!!! well.. small blog world.

    I actually blog with ashley at www.darlingcompanionblog.com - a blog I started a couple months ago! :) I hope you're well lovely! So cool to hear you're going nursing! Hope all is well. lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you love God, you're in luck, dear.

    If you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, robustNrisquĂ©, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile:) Thankyou!