Saturday, May 15, 2010

There you go down...down into my belly!


So a couple of days ago, some of my family were sitting in our loungeroom chatting away about the randomest things as they usually do. It was about 8 at night and I had a very strong urge to bake something delicious. After a quick trip down to the supermarket I came back with everything I needed to send my family into a massive communal heart attack. I made a big batch of choc chip cookie dough and, as everyone knows, it's always better raw than cooked, I passed out spoons and the festivities really began:)
I did manage to save some dough to make actual cookies the next day and because it's so delicous I thought I'd share the recipe with you...these aren't your average choc chips!

Delicious Choc Chips
1 lb butter (not margarine)
16 oz. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Tbslp vanilla essence
3 eggs
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
24 oz. choc chips (I use milk, white and dark choc chips to make it more of a chocolate explosion in your mouth)
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat for 3 minutes. Stir in the dry ingredients then add the choc chips. Put spoonfuls on a pan covered in baking paper or aluminium foil. Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 5-10 minutes so they're still chewy and gooey. Makes about 5-6 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, I love cookies- doesn't everyone? I ought to try this recipe out x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile:) Thankyou!